19 September, 2018

The Monday Morning Quarterback

Bills' Vontae Davis Explains Abrupt Retirement

[ PHOTO: INDIANAPOLIS STAR ]
September 19, 2018
Lorenzo Reyes, USA Today


For the first time since he abruptly retired, leaving the Buffalo Bills at halftime in their Week 2 blowout loss on Sunday, former cornerback Vontae Davis broke his silence to explain his motives and expressed being at peace with his decision.

“Leaving was therapeutic, bro,” Davis said in an interview with The Undefeated. “I left everything the league wanted me to be, playing for my teammates while injured, the gladiator mentality, it all just popped. And when it popped, I just wanted to leave it all behind. So that’s why I don’t care what people say. That experience was personal and not meant for anyone else to understand. It was me cold turkey leaving behind an identity that I carried with me for so long.”

Davis told The Undefeated that he “didn’t feel right, I didn’t feel like myself" throughout the first two quarters and right before halftime of Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Chargers, an eventual 31-20 defeat.


CLICK HERE TO READ THIS FULL STORY FROM USA TODAY




The Monday Morning Quarterback

About The Monday Morning Quarterback -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *